Thursday, December 1, 2011

Say Cheese, Please

Caitie has strep throat... AGAIN! I think this makes the third or fourth time since September. I'm really thinking homeschooling now... seriously! I cannot believe she's had it this many times. She's on Amoxicillin again; hopefully she doesn't become immune to it. Today is picture day... for the second time. It's for retakes and for kids that missed out on the first picture day, which Caitie did due to having strep throat! And here she has it again on picture day; funny how that worked out. But this time she was able to go to school since she started the antibiotics over a day ago. Children can go back to school once they've been on treatment for strep throat for a day or more. The ear infections both girls have had recently have probably been due to strep throat. The school nurse sent out an e-mail again letting parents know about the latest strep throat outbreak and what to look for... ear infections is one of the things to look out for. Now I have to keep a close eye on Bailey. The last time she had an ear infection in both ears was most likely due to her having strep throat at that time. I think we've been to the girls' doctor, as well as seeing other doctors at that office when he wasn't available, somewhere between 10 to 20 times in the last few months. Just guessing... but it does seem like we've been to the doctor's office almost every other week since school started. I'll say it again... I'm really giving homeschooling some serious thought! I just thought about it... nahhh... I'll just stress more to Caitie about washing her hands properly and staying away from anyone in her class who has the slightest cough, and anyone that has a strange look on their face, and anyone who yawns. Maybe I'll just ask the teacher to put her at her own table at the opposite side of the room than the other kids are on. If I try to homeschool her it would be more like noschooling her, or somethin' like that. See what I mean? I'm not 'teacher' material.

Anyway... back to picture day...

I curled Caitie's hair last night, but after the cold, blowing wind this morning, and the taking on and off of her jacket and backpack, I'm not so sure the curls stayed in. I asked her to not run on the playground, or play rough, until after pics are taken, to make sure her curls stay put, but even after asking that, I decided to just stand at the gate with her until the kids were called off the playground to line up and go in the classroom. At least I 'controlled' that part. I don't use hairspray on her hair; I did use a bit of styling cream that Michael got a while back when getting his hair cut, which he never uses... but I used maybe half a dime size of cream on her long hair, so I doubt that will help hold her curls. She should have her picture taken by now... they were to be taken around 10:30am, I believe. I hope the curls lasted... we shall see.

I took these two pics this morning before taking Caitie to school (it was cloudy out, so the lighting wasn't all that great). I hope she gave the school photographer the same smile she gave me in the first pic, which is more of a genuine smile; she had more of a fake smile in last year's school pic (this is where the post title came from, in case you were wondering; if you weren't wondering, well now ya know anyway, or somethin' like that. um, yeah). :)

Such a nice smile.



She stood out in the cold without a jacket on for me to get these pics... I had to take them quickly, after just a few snaps of the shutter button, she was running inside. ha :)