Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Living

I'm not much into 'time'... meaning... I'm not much of a New Year fan. To me, it's just a stretch of living, if you will; 365 days means nothing to me, which means birthdays, anniversaries and the like, don't really stand out for me. So my saying Happy New Year wouldn't mean much (i'm so not conventional). But since we do most things with time in mind, I think each one of us should live each 'day' (same stretch of time for me) like it's the last. That's cliché, I know, but it's so true. Would you be ready to face Jesus today? Have you been living your life for God? My answer to this would be... No! I'm not ready to face Jesus. Oh, I've accepted Him as my personal savior, but have I been letting Jesus live through me? Have I been living for God? Not really. I don't want to be a disappointment to God. When asked what I've done as a "good and faithful servant" to God (in reference to a verse in the Bible), I don't want to hang my head in shame. I want my 'stretch of living' to make an eternal difference. I have a long way to go, which concerns me, especially since I seem to have some bitterness inside that I need to deal with. But with God's help, I know I can overcome this and then hopefully I can be the good and faithful servant God wants me to be.

So, instead of Happy New Year, I say Happy Living to you during your 'stretch of living' here on earth. :)




The Bible verse in the pic above:

Lamentations 3:22-24
The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!"