Did you get a visit from a leprechaun? Find any four-leaf clovers? Find any gold layin' around? Did you have Lucky Charms cereal for breakfast? Did you wear green today? Did you not wear green today with the hopes you would get pinched? (hey, some people are into that sorta thing) As you can see in the following pic, we experienced all of the above, except for the pinching. And yes, we did have Lucky Charms for breakfast. The outside pics are a little on the dark side due to it being cloudy out, which was really nice; it was beautiful out today. I wish the clouds had come a day sooner so it would have been cloudy for Caitie's 'field day' yesterday at school; she was in the sun the whole time. I'll write more about 'field day' in an upcoming post. (just in case you're wondering what they're looking at in the pic... it's that thar stack o' gold coins. take note of the sneaky leprechaun in the background and a few four-leaf clovers as well)

Caitie with some of her chocolate gold coins and her green elephant.

Bailey with her first 'ponytail'. Her hair is finally long enough to put an elastic hair band in. So cute.

Caitie made this leprechaun trap in her morning enrichment class at school. The project was to teach them the science of how things work. And man did Caitie get into it! See the cute ladder made out of popsicle sticks and pipe cleaners, and the cute gold coin made out of yellow/gold construction paper that's tied to a piece of string? And then there's the Cheez-It box. The teachers asked parents to send in recyclable items for the kids to make traps with, this Cheez-It box was one of the things I sent in. Caitie picked it out to make her trap with. She was so excited about catching a leprechaun. She didn't end up catching one, but a leprechaun did stop by, courtesy of moi. I turned the trap over and tore the paper at the top and put a note/clue inside, which led to other clues around the house and outside. I also pulled some green stuff from the yard, some were three-leaf clovers, not sure what the other stuff was, but it worked; I made a trail from the patio to the back door up to the trap. I put a green elephant and chocolate gold coins in the box for her to find when she was done, and I hid more chocolate gold coins by her pillow in bed to find at bedtime. This was all supposed to be the leprechaun's doing. She really enjoyed it. She's determined to actually catch a leprechaun next year, and is already planning her next trap for him. I have a feeling she'll actually get him next time... um, yeah. I wouldn't have normally done all that, but felt I needed to this time since she was so excited about it due to the class project.

Here are the clues I printed out for her... (i know it's small print, but it had to look like a leprechaun did 'em. you have to think of the details, right? um, yeah...)



