Last Friday on my way to pick Caitie up from school, I heard there had been a school shooting. As soon as I heard, I was hoping it wasn't an elementary school. A shooting at any school is bad, but little children facing something so horrifying concerned me, and as soon as I had that thought, it was told that it was an elementary school, and then more details were given. What happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School is tragic... shocking... heartbreaking. My heart goes out to all the families affected by the shootings. Some of the children were the same age as Caitie.
On the way to school this morning I heard on the radio that there was a school lockdown in Scottsdale; there was a report of a man wearing a trench coat holding a gun on the school campus. The kids had to be taken to a nearby church until the campus had been checked out before they could go to school.
It doesn't feel the same when I drop Caitie off at school now... I don't feel as secure as I once did; how safe is she really?
Here is what I saw yesterday morning in the school parking lot... a news crew. Most likely they were at the school to talk about school safety.
Here's what I saw at the school this morning... a police car. I saw a police truck there yesterday. This is the new norm, I guess. It's sad that it's come to this.



