Monday, November 4, 2013

Super Halloween

We had a 'Super' theme for Halloween...

Here is Caitie after her fall party at school, which was held the Thursday before last. I love the owl pic project. The yellow moon glowed in the dark, as did most of the things she got at the party; the theme was 'glow in the dark', which explains all the glow-in-the-dark stuff.

 
We went to a Halloween event at the Foothills Aquatic Center the weekend before last. This is where Caitie took swimming lessons the last two summers. Here are the girls in their costumes... Both were Supergirls.
 
 
I took the pic above with my DSLR camera, but I forgot to take it with me to the event, and I couldn't find my cell phone to take pics with, so I borrowed Michael's cell phone to take pics with. These next few pics are of lousy quality, but decided to display them here anyway (i didn't use flash; you know how i despise flash. ha).
 
There was a haunted house walk-through, where they also did trick-or-treating. Here are the girls with one of the pumpkin scenes.
 
 
We showed their daddy the pool area where Caitie had swimming lessons; he had never been there before.
 
 
The girls going on a train ride in the parking lot; there were firemen helping out. There was also a bounce house and games. It was fun.
 
 
After the event we went to IHOP for dinner. There's nothin' better than breakfast for dinner.
 
 
 
I got a quick pic of the girls when we got home; they're holding their bags of candy and fireman hats they got from the event.
 
 
 
Michael made Mr. Scarecrow Man, also known as the Jack Man, again this year. He skipped making him last year, so we were happy to see him back again this year. We kept him inside this time so we could skip the rock throwing that occurred when he sat on our upper deck last time. We ended up with a broken window; we didn't want that to happen again.
 
 
We did the traditional pumpkin carving this year...
 

 
 
I took this kind of pic of Caitie at this age, so decided to get one of Bailey as well. Bailey is posing with this jack-o'-lantern in the previous post as well.
 
 
I got a quick pic of the girls on Halloween before we headed out to go trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.
 
 
Who better to take you door to door than Superman, or to the girls he's Superdaddy, when trick-or-treating. Look at that muscle, and the flowing cape. I wore a Superman t-shirt and baseball hat, but I was without a cape; I just didn't fit in. ha :)
 
 
We stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's house. This is where each of the girls gets an actual bag of candy instead of just one or two candy bars.
 
 
I took a quick pic of Superhubby, I mean Michael, while we were there. When's the next chance I'll get to get him in such a getup? ummm... Like NEVER! ha
 
 
Here's the girls with all their loot. Caitie was tired; can you tell? ha She had to walk the whole way, whereas Bailey got carried by Superdaddy most of the time.
 
 
And last, but not least, my favorite part of Halloween... my Salted Caramel Mocha from Starbucks. Ahhh... So, so good. :) The girls and their daddy had shakes from Chick-fil-A.
 
 
I couldn't resist...