Friday, August 1, 2014

Love and Hate

Sometimes I love to clean my house, but most of the time I hate it. When I get on that 'cleaning roll', it's like being on a natural high... it's invigorating, intoxicating, and any other 'in' ending in 'ing' word you can think of... I think. Anyway... you get the idea. But most of the time, I'm lazy and can't stand the thought of cleaning this, what I consider huge house, I live in.

When Michael and I were looking at houses back in 1997, I wasn't wanting to go bigger, I just wanted something nice that would be easy to organize and keep clean. When we lived in an apartment not long after we got married, it was so easy to organize and keep clean. There wasn't much space, so we were limited on what we could buy. It was so easy. But now, having scaled up from that small apartment, to a small house, and now a bigger house, that is two stories, cleaning seems daunting to me. It's a constant battle keeping things off the counters and the floors... there are toys EVERYWHERE! It looks like there was a toy explosion in our house. It's not only the toys though, it's also some of mine and Michael's items staying in the same place they were dropped, never to be moved again, even though that wasn't their intended destination. So when I found the following saying on Pinterest, I didn't feel so bad... but when I read the article it was attached to, I started feeling bad again. It's true what it says about how the look of your place can have an affect on how you feel... clutter drives me insane! But at the same time, I'm too dang lazy, and too OCD-ish to do anything about it.

There are weeks when my house looks pretty good, but most of the time, it's in chaos. If anyone has any ideas on quick and easy ways to get organized, and easy ways to keep things clean on a daily basis, send them my way... PLEASE! Thank you from the far recesses of my mind... or somethin' like that.

Here is the saying I was talkin' about above... (click on the pic to read the article)...


After such a stressful post, I think I'll go grab a cup of coffee and sit down amongst the clutter, and keep reading this cute little sayin' here, pretending I never read the article it was attached to... yep, I think that's what I'll do...