Friday, August 17, 2012

The First Week

**This is post #3 in a series of three posts. Read posts 1 and 2 before reading this one.

Here are pics from the rest of the first week of school...

This was Tuesday, the second day of school. I had planned to drop off the school supplies on Monday morning, which are supplies for the whole class, not just Caitie, in case you were wondering... I know that's a big bag o' stuff... ha ... but since we were running late on the first day of school, I decided to drop them off the next day. We got to school early on that day. We were in the courtyard area of the school, waiting for the lines to form to go into class.















Can you find Caitie in this pic? See her there in the background anywhere? Bailey's just kickin' back watchin' the crowd. (i moved the supplies bag to the side; i got tired of it bein' in every pic)
    

I planned carefully for the pick-up on the second day of school. I took a hat, cold water bottle, and mister/fan bottle for Caitie, and I also planned a different pick-up spot for her as well; it wasn't as far to walk, and it was mostly in the shade. It was worth the extra effort, she did very well... there wasn't one tear shed. :)


This was Wednesday, the third day of school. The girls walkin' into school together.


I took this pic in the backyard after picking Caitie up from school... Bailey wanted to play out back. There was a cool down... it was around 105 degrees outside, I believe... so I let 'em enjoy the cooler weather while they had the chance. ha :)


Caitie was so happy with the cooler temperature that she decided to pick me some flowers... like I had anything to do with the cool down, but hey, I'll take 'em. ha :)



This was Thursday, the fourth day of school. Caitie already has homework... a word list and books to read.


Caitie loves her Hello Kitty purse and accessories. She sends a great big thank you to Nana for them. :) I really like the purse too; it's so pretty. She looks like a big girl with it on her shoulder. It was sent to her along with Bailey's birthday presents; I let Caitie open the gift bag during the first week of school.


She likes it so much that she took several pics of it, along with its contents that are displayed on her bed (there's tissue, notepads, pencils with erasers, lip gloss, bow barretts, and a comb). She wants to make her own blog, and plans to make this her first post. We shall see. She used my point and shoot camera to take the pics. It's obvious what some of the stuff is, but some of the stuff is hard to make out in the pic, hence the arrows I added to the pic. Just in case you're wondering, the clock on the left didn't come with the purse, but it is a Hello Kitty clock, and Caitie wanted it to show in the pic, so she moved it over to the other side of her nightstand. Too much info, maybe? ha

These pics are from today, Friday, the fifth day of school. I took this pic when we arrived at school this morning.


I took this pic after school. She got an 'awesome job' stamp on her first word list of the year. She did really well.



Bailey hugging her awesome sister. A nice ending to Caitie's first week of school. :)


Post #2 below...