Thursday, June 25, 2009

I've heard it happens in three's

First there was Ed McMahon, he died on Tuesday. Then this morning we heard that Farrah Fawcett died, and the most shocking is hearing that Michael Jackson is dead; he died from cardiac arrest today. This is very sad.

I remember back when I was a Junior in High School, for dance class we sold Christmas ornaments and chocolates to make money for the dance group, and I sold enough to win a gift certificate to Tower Records, yes it was 'records' back then, I'm that old, and the album I wanted to buy was Thriller by Michael Jackson, it had just come out. And today it's still the #1 selling album of all time. What a talent. There has been a lot of controversy surrounding him, but no one can deny his true talent as a singer/performer.

Farrah Fawcett takes me back to my pre-adolescent years, when I was around ten or so, I wouldn't miss an episode of Charlie's Angels, and she was my favorite; she was most young girls favorite 'Angel'. The pic on the left is one of the most sold posters of all time.





Ed McMahon reminds me of the times I stayed at my grandmother's(affectionately known as Nannie) when I was a child. We would sometimes watch Johnny Carson before going to bed. Who doesn't associate "Heeeeere's Johnny" with that show?

They'll all be missed.