We just arrived. Caitie couldn't wait to give Nannie her birthday presents. We went to the Build-A-Bear Workshop at Arrowhead Mall a while back and had a bear made for Nannie, donned with Arizona Diamondbacks attire, of course; Nannie loves the Diamondbacks and the Suns. She's not too crazy about the Diamondbacks so far this season, but hopefully they'll improve before the season is over. We also got her a birthday magazine cover plaque, similar to what I got Michael for Father's Day, and a Wal-Mart gift card. She loves to shop at Wal-Mart. We also gave her a milestone birthday card, and Caitie gave her one that she picked out, it had Lightning McQueen from the Cars movie(Caitie loves this movie) on it; it plays music.

Nannie has diabetes so she has to watch her sugar intake, this made it difficult to find something to put candles in. I ended up getting a couple of little fruit pies from Wal-Mart; they were sweet, but they did the job. The candles were more for Caitie, she loves to blow them out. She also had to eat the pies since Nannie and I couldn't; I'm still on a diet.

Me, Nannie with her birthday bear, and Caitie with her zebra, which she got at the same time we got Nannie's bear; they do other animals besides bears at that store.

I was trying to keep Caitie's attention by throwing M&M's(which she ate as well... talk about a sugar high that day) in the air, but a few got away from me and went flyin'... Nannie could hardly control her laughter. It took a while for us all to calm down and get back to business... meaning me takin' pics.





