Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hiking at Sunset

We went hiking at a nearby mountain park recently; this is the same park we frequent at certain times of the year, mostly when it's nice weather. It had cooled down a bit, by that I mean it went from around 112 to 103 degrees; that's considered really nice weather here in the desert, especially at this time of year. It's usually extremely hot and humid, but the monsoon hasn't made much of an appearance this year. I love thunderstorms, but could do without the heat with humidity, so I can't say whether I'm happy or sad the monsoon has been absent for most of the season. Anyway, here are a few pics I took while on our hike...

The disappearing sun.



A solitary hiker at sunset.



Taking a break after only being on the trail for five minutes. We sat there watching people walk by at a fast pace, some were running, and some rode bikes; I don't think I've ever felt so old in my life.