Monday, August 24, 2009

Prep School

Well, sorta... I guess you could say I'm preparing Caitie for school. Gotta learn your ABC's and 123's, and such. Caitie's known all the letters of the alphabet for a long time, and can count to ten easily, and sometimes counts to twenty. I'm having her say the alphabet at least once a day, and write the letters of the alphabet with the help of a preschool scholastic kinda book; I got it at Target for a couple of bucks. What can I say, I go all out. Of course her favorite part of school is recess, or as she likes to call it... playtime. Go figure. Anyhoo... here are a few pics of her 'first day of school'...

Writing the letter " T " in the alphabet book.




So far she thinks school is waaaaay too easy, and this puzzle board ain't helpin' any(don't worry, i don't plan to homeschool her). I think it's time to upgrade it to her skill level; this puzzle board is for children under the age of two.



I tell her it's time for recess, of which she's thrilled, as you can see.



But then I interrupt playtime to take a few more 'school pics' outside. I decided to use the quilt her Grandma H made for her back in 2006. I thought this made a nice background.





Singing the school song: Itsy-Bitsy Spider.





Here is a short video clip of Caitie saying the alphabet, and bein' silly while doin' it. That's my girl!