Caitie started Summer Camp last week; she started the day after Memorial Day. It's Monday through Friday from 7am until 5pm, but you pick the hours you want your child to attend, there are no set hours other than the start and end times. It goes from the end of May until the middle of August. There are two sessions, each five weeks; we have Caitie signed up for both. The first day I took her in at the time I took her to school, which was at 1pm; she stayed until the time I would pick her up from school, which was 3:30pm. I didn't want to push her into long hours on her first day. The next day I took her in at 11am and picked her up around 4pm; she did great, so the next day I took her in around 9:30am and she stayed until 4pm. The next day, Friday, was a field trip to Peter Piper Pizza, which on the paper I was given says she was to be there by 9am, but I found out from Ms. Renae (that's what caitie calls her) that anytime before 10am was okay; they didn't leave for the pizza place until 11am. I got her there close to 10am that day. They were at the pizza place from 11am to 2pm, then they went back to the school campus; I picked her up at 4pm again that day. This week so far I'm taking her around 9am and picking her up at 4pm. She's loving it! They have a theme and schedule each week, so they stay busy the whole time she's there. As I mentioned above, she didn't go in until 1pm on her first day, when she entered the classroom, her friend Alina ran up to her and grabbed her hand, she was soooo happy to see her. It was cute. Ms. Tammy (that's what caitie calls her) said Alina had been asking where Caitie was that whole morning and was so happy when Caitie entered the room.Caitie is in the Pre-K group since she hasn't attended Kindergarten yet. The kids range in age from 3 to 6 years old. There are 19 kids in her group. There are 'special guests' that come each day, there are cooking classes, crafts, playtime, playground time, field trips, movie time, special activities, etc. She has a full day. There are other kids on campus as well, the camp is for Pre-K up to 6th grade, I believe. They keep all the kids busy. It's a madhouse when I take and pick Caitie up each day. For now I let Bailey sleep in since Michael is still at home, but I bring her along when I pick Caitie up. Bailey likes to be around all the action. I have to be careful and not let any balls, hula hoops, or other such things hit Bailey when walking through the cafeteria/gym area to pick Caitie up, as I said above, it's a madhouse!
Here are a few pics from her first week at Summer Camp. I made her pose with the crafts she made at our usual spot in the school parking lot, but I didn't include all those pics here, and I have refrained from taking more pics of her on the school campus this week, the poor gal needs a break.
Here she is at the entrance to the school on her first day of Summer Camp.

This was another day last week... she was looking at some baby ducks with their mama. This is our usual spot for taking event/craft pics when I pick her up at the school. It's getting too hot to take pics there now, and I shouldn't be making her pose anyway.

Here she is in her camp t-shirt (the same pic as above). She wears it on field trips. Here she was dressed for her Peter Piper Pizza field trip, which was last Friday.

It was her first time to ride a school bus, which she was excited about. She's been on a school bus before, but just to sit and feel what it's like while the engine was running. There wasn't much to it. This time she got to ride on one.
I always wanted to get a pic of her first school bus ride, and I wasn't about to miss it even if I wasn't supposed to be there. I went back to the school around the time they were to board the school bus. I parked in the school parking lot, facing the buses... I took the pics through the windshield, so they didn't come out all that great, but at least it's something. I was wishing I had taken the zoom lens, but oh well. It's a ways off, but can you pick Caitie out? I watched carefully to make sure I didn't miss her.

It didn't end there... I went to the pizza place to get her getting off the bus. Do I need help? Yes. But that's for another post. Anyway, as you can see here, I spotted her once again... do you see her? I tried to park in an inconspicuous place; don't know if I was spotted or not. I really do need help.

This is the Peter Piper Pizza we always go to. I was glad they went to that one. I wasn't sure they would end up there; I took off before the buses did and it seemed I sat in the parking lot for quite some time, so decided to check out where another Peter Piper Pizza might be in the area, thinking maybe they had gone to that one; I called Michael and asked him to look up the other locations, and there was another one not too far away, so I started to head to that one, and as soon as I was about to pull out on to the main street, I saw the buses at the light, making their way to the pizza place I was just at. So I made a quick u-turn and headed back to the parking lot, waited for them to unload and took a few pics. This was one of the last ones I took before getting the heck out of there.

Bailey was with me...

Yep, I really do need help.

