Friday, September 12, 2008

A Cali Birthday for Caitie - Part 4

Day Four - Our return home: Wednesday, September 10 ...

There's not much to write about, we checked out of the hotel and got something to eat, then returned the rental car, and flew home. I guess I'll mention my getting pulled aside for 'inspection' at the security checkpoint at the airport. I got frisked and my purse was searched. Do I look like a terrorist? I mean, really, do I? Let's not go there. There's a problem with my driver's license, that's why I was pulled aside for 'inspection'. My pic is all fuzzy and blurry; this is a driver's license that is supposed to last until the year 2025, mind you... such cheap plastic, but I digress. Anyway, I was allowed to continue on to our gate where we had to wait a bit. We didn't see any bathrooms nearby, so when I noticed it was time for Caitie to have a diaper change, I changed her on the floor near the waiting area. Yes, our experience at the John Wayne Airport was a real delight. ha That aiport needs some major renovations, if you ask me. Although, it does have some interesting architecture, as you will see in a pic below.

All packed and ready to check-out of the hotel.



Another pic of the lobby at the hotel.



Here is the fireplace area in the lobby.



Caitie is goofin' off while waiting to check-out.





Caitie and Mickey getting situated in the rental car.



Arriving at the John Wayne Airport.



This shows the gate, flight number, time, and destination of our flight.



Little did we know we would be saying goodbye to the Mickey balloon very soon; he had to be deflated once on board the plane. He got poked; poor Mickey.



I'm into architecture lately; I like the arched ceiling.



Here is our plane; Caitie watched it pull in.



Boarding the plane.



Sunglasses - check; car seat - check; Minnie Mouse - check. She's all set to go.



Looking forward to take-off.



"Home, James!"



As soon as we were in the air, she was asleep. Too much excitement, I guess. ha



You can see what her view was like in the lens of her sunglasses.



She was still asleep when we landed in Phoenix. That was a good thing, it was a pretty turbulent flight; we had to go through some clouds, which is when the plane would dip and lean one way and then the other, etc.



Still a bit groggy from her nap on the plane. This is in the baggage claim area.



Waiting to load the SUV.



We came home to a cloudy, rainy evening... we loved it.



Had to get a quick pic of another beautiful Arizona sunset; that's one thing I'll never tire of here in the valley of the sun.

No comments: