We went to an auction on Saturday; we attend this particular auction occasionally. The weather was wonderful. Here are some pics and details...A wheely cool pic, don't ya think?(sorry, couldn't help it) This was the wheel on a big rig up for auction. We were sitting next to it looking at the auction catalog to see where to go next when I caught a glimpse of us in the wheel; I thought it made for an interesting pic.

Caitie's a tractor gal; she loves John Deere. Caitie asked a lot of questions about different parts on this tractor; she likes to know how things work.

Michael and his dad took notice of this antique gas pump while walking through the auction lot on preview day; these are held on the Thursday and Friday before the auction on Saturday. Michael's dad was interested in it.

I thought about bidding on these festive hens, but I refrained. They were hard to pass up; I was picturing them under our tree in the front yard. ummm... yeah...

This dog looked interested in the hens too; I have a feeling his reason of interest was different than mine.

The gas pump was open for bids... the orange sign is on top of it. We were interested in the windmill blades and stand behind it, but we didn't bid on those items. They were being auctioned off separately; I guess with the hopes of bringing in more money. You wouldn't want one without the other.

Guess what... we finally won something! Michael was the highest bidder on the antique gas pump; it sold for $200. Remember this post about another auction we attended? I said I wouldn't know what to do with the gas pumps had we bid on them and won... well, we now have a gas pump. I guess it can always go in the front yard as part of the landscape decor, as I mentioned in that other post. Actually, we got it for Michael's dad. His dad was glad we won it; he and Michael plan on fixing it up and selling it. (just in case you're wondering... 880 was Michael's bidder number)

Ain't it purty? We're not sure of the year, but we're almost certain it's a 1956... it's so old that it has a hand-crank on it; in the old days the attendant had to turn the crank to reset the pump for the next sale. Fun, fun. I love things from long ago... so much history attached to them. While we were in the antique area, the auctioneer announced that there would be an antique auction held in February; I can't wait! I'm sure our bank account could though.

I kept seeing this old man, mostly in the antique and tractor areas. I kept trying to get a pic of him, I thought his face had character, but he looked down a lot, so I just snapped this pic real quick. Looks like he might be a Vietnam Vet(going by his baseball hat), and possibly served in other wars as well due to his age.

Caitie takes a closer look at our new, old, gas pump.

We thought about bidding on this antique washer, it went for only $20, but we had to think fast, and didn't know what to do with it, so passed on it. Michael's dad and brother said we should have bid on it since it could be fixed up and sold at a pretty good price.

We took a break after our big win and went to Circle K for Michael to get a soda and to get a snack for Caitie, and me too(shame on me... we got candy bars). We also went to Jack-in-the-Box to get some burgers; I haven't had their burgers since way back when there was an e-coli scare, I believe it was back in the late 70's, or maybe early 80's. Let's just say I'm cautious. On our way back we went up Thomas Road near 67th Avenue and passed the apartments Michael and I used to live in, it was our first place together after we were married; the name had changed, but otherwise, it looked pretty much the same. Across the street from the apartments was Thomas Road Baptist Church. I didn't even realize we were in that area until I saw the church; it's been a long time since we've been out that way. I used to go there with my family, way back when, and would bring Michael along occasionally; this was before we were married. It looks the same, yet different, if that makes any sense. It brought back memories of days long ago.

When we got back to the auction we headed over to some trailers we were interested in bidding on. We went inside them to check them out. See Caitie way at the back there? It's a pretty deep trailer. We're wanting to get either a storage container or a trailer to put up on our property to be used for storage. The stuff we have in our trailer up north now will be moved to the storage container/trailer. We didn't end up bidding on these. This one was 45 feet deep, and 8 feet wide, I believe.

This is the other trailer, it was 40 feet deep, and the same width as the other one, I believe. Caitie enjoyed playing in them.

Here is one we wished we hadn't passed on... it's an ol' Doodlebug(gotta love the name) antique car that may have been converted into a tractor(click here to see what a decent doodlebug car/tractor looks like; view second pic down). We're talking one of the first cars ever made, by the looks of it. I fell in love with it... so much history there. Caitie liked 'driving' it. The drive train was in place, the only things missing were the seat and some of the body parts, hood, doors, etc. At least it had a piece of wood to sit on; Michael said his dad suggested putting a couch on it(picture granny from the beverly hillbillies). ha

Caitie and her daddy still on a 'test drive'.

A trip to Discount Tire may be in order.

I miss the ol' Doodlebug.

I think the auctioneer guy was hoping we would bid on it, he kept looking our way; it went for only $175, which is shocking to me. We're talking history here, people. When Michael told his dad and brother about it, they got on to him for not having bid on it, especially since it went so cheap. It would have been a neat project for all of them to work on together. Oh well... you live and learn.

Michael is doing the paperwork for the gas pump. You can't miss him, he's the one in the farmer's hat; he'd be a cute farmer, don't ya think?

Michael is giving the ol' gas pump a love tap. Well, not really... he's just giving it a look-over before heading out.

This is Caitie's favorite stuffed animal. We got it for her on our trip to Disneyland this last May. She takes it everywhere. To lose it would be dreadful...

which almost happened on our way out... the police officer in this pic told us we dropped something, and when we turned around to see what it was, it was ol' little donkey Eeyore. Thanks, Mr. Policeman, for noticing. Policemen are worth our tax dollars and more... much, much more. We spent all morning and part of the afternoon at the auction, and enjoyed every minute of it.


