The actual name of these cookies is Soft Gingersnaps, but there's too much crunchiness for them to be called soft, plus having soft along with 'snaps' seems like an oxymoron to me, so my new name for them is Not So Soft Gingersnaps. I will admit that they're semi-soft in the middle, but not enough to let the word sneak into the name of the cookie. I'm weird like that, and in other ways too, but that's for another post. Anyway, these cookies have a nice bite to them, and are quite good, if I do say so myself. I got the recipe off of allrecipes.com. You can click here for the recipe, or you can just get it off this here blog.I made these for Thanksgiving. I took some of them to Thanksgiving festivities and left some at home, and we're still eatin' on 'em. This recipe makes A WHOLE BUNCH of 'em. You may want to do half the recipe. I made the dough early on Thanksgiving, baked half of them, and put the remaining batter in the fridge and finished them up the next day.
Here's the recipe...
Ingredients:

1 - 1/2 Cups Butter (no substitutes), softened (i always use no-salt butter when baking)
2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Molasses
4 - 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
3 Teaspoons Baking Soda
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
Additional Sugar - This is to roll the cookies in before baking.
Directions:
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture. *Refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
Roll into **1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
* I was in a hurry when I made them, so I ended up putting the dough in the freezer so I wouldn't have to let them sit so long before rolling them; this worked for me. Just thought you might like to know if you're in a hurry when baking them.
** I rolled most of the cookies into 1 inch rolls, but did make some bigger, and baked them for the same amount of time as the smaller ones, and they came out just fine; so if you like a bigger cookie, go for it.
The cookies below are 1 inch in size and rolled in sugar.

I think these would make nice Christmas cookies.

