Monday, December 22, 2008

In the grand scheme of things...

it's really grand! The Grand Canyon, that is. (it's late)

Since we were in Williams on Saturday, we decided to head north to the Grand Canyon on Sunday, which is about 60 miles north of Williams. I thought that would be a nice way to celebrate Michael's birthday. Just like Williams, the Grand Canyon was covered in snow. It was cold, and oh so beautiful. My pics don't do it justice, but here are a few...

We went to Mather Point and Yavapai Point, which are on the south rim of the canyon.







Caitie loves to play in the snow. This was Caitie's first visit to the Grand Canyon.





Making a snow angel.





Having fun in the gift shop. A lot of people stood around watching her, and seemed to be enjoying it. We bought her this little finger puppet owl.



I took this pic from inside the gift shop; Michael and Caitie are outside looking in. I like the outcome; it has a 'pic in the frame' look.





Caitie finds a souvenir.



My mom got me the gloves and jacket shown in the pic below. Thanks, Mom! The gloves helped keep my hands warm. I bought the matching beanie hat. The jacket covers me from head to foot... well, almost. I have a feeling there are abominable snowman sightings being reported since my trip to the Grand Canyon. You have to see me in the jacket to know what I'm talkin' about. ha But seriously, it is a nice jacket and does keep me warm in cold conditions.



As I mentioned in the last post, I try to get a pic of all signs of the places we visit, but wasn't able to get a pic of this sign until we left the park, which was late and very dark. Michael pulled up as close as he could to the sign so the headlights from the SUV would shine on it and I could get a pic of it.