Our Financial Advisor gave us the Zoo Lights tickets. Thanks, Mike!

I, of course, had to have some cotton candy. I should invest in the company. ha Love the stuff.

Happy girl.

The lights in the trees changed colors, from red to blue to purple, etc. So purty.


Caitie loved this giraffe, she thought it was Melman from the Madagascar movie. It's a mechanical giraffe.

Lights on a tree trunk.

Ribbit.

Caitie loved this frog.

Caitie went on a camel ride, just like she did when we were at the zoo in August. She was willing to go on it by herself, but Michael insisted I get on with her, he wasn't sure she would stay calm through the whole ride. So up I went, weighing the poor camel down. I kept apologizing to it; I think it may have spit at me. ha Caitie loved it, and wanted to go again, but it was almost closing time and we wanted her to get a few rides on the carousel, so we moved on. I handed my camera over to Michael so he could get a pic of Caitie on the camel. This is the second time I've let him handle my camera, the first time was back in August when Caitie and I went on the same camel ride. In case you're wondering... it's not easy for me to hand over my camera to anyone, including my husband. ha


This was a photo-op spot, so I took a couple of quick pics of Caitie in front of this orangutan poster board. I didn't have it on the correct setting, so the coloring is a bit off, but I actually like it this way, the slight hint of sepia makes it look old-timey, which I love. The one thing I don't like is how a bright light was shining on the 'ZooLights' sign. Doesn't Caitie look like she belongs in a Little Rascals episode? The pulled up pant leg, half-buttoned sweater, flapper hat, and sepia coloring, made me think of that program.


Enjoying one of several carousel rides.

Round and round we go...

Couldn't leave without making a stop at the gift shop. Caitie liked this tiger. It reminds me of one I got for Christmas as a kid, I wasn't too much older than Caitie.

She really wanted the tiger...

I mean really wanted it...

She was ready to head to the check-out...

But I finally convinced her that he was too big, so she patted him on the head, and began looking at smaller animals.
It was time to go. We were one of the last ones to leave.





